Pacific Bone Broths are made the way folks have done at home for centuries. They use nothing but simple, natural ingredients, cooked ever so slowly to bring out the rich, complex flavors that enhance any recipe. These like-homemade broths taste like they have been gently simmering all day. Which coincidentally, they have. Chicken or turkey meat and bones are slowly simmered with onion, fresh herbs, vinegar and water, to give you a savory broth that’s loaded with flavor and protein. They’re great for sipping, snacking or adding a nutritional punch to any cooked dish. Paleo-friendly and gluten free.
Try making the Sweet Potato Soup recipe below using Pacific Bone Broth! So creamy and delicious.
8 Reasons To Drink Bone Broth:
1. Heal and seal your gut. According to Jill Grunewald, a holistic nutrition coach and founder of Healthful Elements, a cup a day works miracles for leaky gut syndrome but it’s also good for protecting non-leaky guts. The gelatin in the bone broth (found in the knuckles, feet, and other joints) helps seal up holes in intestines. This helps cure chronic diarrhea, constipation, and even some food intolerances.
2. Protect your joints. Taking glucosamine supplements to help with joint pain has been common knowledge for years, but it turns out that bone broth has glucosamine too. But unlike pills, the broth also includes a host of other goodies that help keep your joints happy, healthy, and pain-free. The chondroitin sulfate in bone broth has been shown to help prevent osteoarthritis.
3. Look younger. Bone broth is a rich source of collagen. You can find collagen in all kinds of “plumping” products these days, but why stick it on the outside when you can drink it? Not only is drinking it cheaper, but it can make your skin, hair, and nails look just as radiant.
4. Sleep better, and feel better. The glycine in bone broth has been shown in several studies to help people sleep better and improve memory.
5. Immune support. Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint, actually calls bone broth a “superfood” thanks to the high concentration of minerals. He says that the bone marrow can help strengthen your immune system. (Something that won’t surprise your grandma who always made you her famous chicken soup when you got sick!) A Harvard study even showed that some people with auto-immune disorders experienced a relief of symptoms when drinking bone broth, with some achieving a complete remission.
6. Stronger bones. The phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium in the bones seeps out into the broth leaving you with the essential building blocks for healthy bones.
7. More energy. I’m not sure what the mechanism is for this, but if you read accounts of bone broth, you’ll notice everyone swears by the energy boost. I’d prefer to see science backing this up, but the research on bone broth is still emerging.
8. It’s very economical! A few simple ingredients and you have a meal that will feed your entire family plus left-overs.
Easy Sweet Potato Soup Recipe- With Pacific Bone Broth
1lb sweet potato- approximately
1/2 cup of half and half or milk
2 tablespoons butter
1, 8ox box of Pacific Organic Bone Broth Turkey with Rosemary, Sage & Thyme
Salt and Black pepper to taste
Peel and chop the sweet potato, boil until tender, approx. 15 minutes. Drain the potato. In the same pot, combine all of the rest of ingredients. Heat until it’s hot on low heat. Once heated transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. This could also be done in the pot with an immersion blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.